As a Controller with MPLT Healthcare Solutions, you will report to the Chief Financial Officer and direct all corporate accounting processes, including financial operations, reporting, and cash management. This high-level position will challenge you to set new milestones, streamline processes and to add efficiency, improve accuracy, and automate processes where applicable. You will implement new accounting policies and lead any changes in the accounting function necessary to scale with the overall growth of the company. You will ensure that all the company’s accounting documentation and processes are in accordance with established legal, regulatory, and corporate procedures. Most importantly, you will build, inspire, and lead a team, while effectively managing cross-functional interactions with other senior members of the organization.
About MPLT Healthcare:
With years of healthcare and physician staffing experience, MPLT Healthcare has the knowledge, resources and proven industry commitment to help facilities meet the increasing demands of today’s rapidly changing healthcare landscape. We specialize in placing highly qualified physicians and advanced practice clinicians in locum, locum-to-perm and direct hire staff positions. We will always be people helping people as we strive to earn the long-term loyalty of our clients, providers and employees through our dedication to selfless service, a relentless focus on quality and a culture of excellence. For more information, please visit mplthealthcare.com.
· Establishes financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
· Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
· Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
· Works with other Senior members in the preparation of budgets by establishing or providing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
· Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
· Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
· Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
· Responsible for financial reporting, general ledger, billing, accounts payable and receivable, revenue recognition, accruals, payroll, bank reconciliations, taxes, treasury, insurance, etc.
· Manage the annual external audit, bank compliance as well as working with external tax advisors regarding all federal, state and local tax filings and payments.
· Lead all monthly close activities, streamlining the process, while ensuring accuracy
· Serve as key technical expert for accounting matters, particularly discrete and unusual transactions.
· Research, analyze and summarize information regarding current accounting trends and best practices.
· Provide financial analyses when needed, for activities such as capital investments, pricing decisions and contract negotiations.
· Lead Treasury functions, including banking monthly reporting and bi-annual banking audits.
· Continually improve the accounting function, including team development, resource allocation, budget management and cross-functional cost-savings opportunities
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required. CPA preferred.
· Minimum 5-10 years’ experience of professional accounting experience, including as a senior level accounting manager, director or Controller.
· Strong knowledge of GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, and SOX regulations preferred.
· Strong leader with the ability to navigate through an ambiguous and rapid growth environment.
- Strong accounting and financial planning analysis skills.
- Ability to create solutions to problems and develop best practices in accounting and financial processes and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable you to collaborate cross-functionally with leaders and executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, and presentation skills.