MPLT Healthcare: Credentialing Specialist
First of all, let’s get into what you will be doing:
As a Credentialing Specialist, your daily business will include:
- Reviewing and processing initial MPLT Healthcare applications for locum tenens physicians.
- Re-credentialing existing MPLT Healthcare physicians.
- Primary source verification of physician backgrounds by calling hospitals, licensing boards, medical schools, etc.
- Ensuring timely and accurate submission of hospital privileging applications for each physician as it relates to each client.
- Monitoring and reporting on the credentialing progress of each physician.
Your credentialing duties will include:
- Scrutinizing provider applications and resumes for completion, consistency and accuracy. This includes quickly identifying any discrepancies, gaps of employment and other challenges that could negatively impact our ability to credential a provider.
- Running queries, reviewing NPDB reports, and conducting compliance and sanctions monitoring, as well as immediately notifying the recruiter and leaders of negative findings.
- Mailing, faxing and emailing to obtain verifications, references and other pertinent data from appropriate sources in a timely manner.
- Working closely with our physicians, client medical staff departments, and any third party groups in order to follow up on outstanding items needed to complete files in a timely manner. This is to ensure that we meet applicable committee meeting dates and targeted start dates.
- Conducting physician peer references over the phone to verify each provider’s clinical competencies.
- Utilizing the CAQH database to enter and update physician data as needed for certain clients.
- Responding in a timely manner to all requests from physicians, clients or their medical staff services departments and MPLT Healthcare’s recruiters.
Your licensing duties will include:
- Initiating the state board licensing process by completing as much of the licensing application as possible.
- Preparing detailed cover letters with step-by-step application instructions on how to complete and return the application, including steps to acquire supporting documents.
- Expediting the licensure application process by creating urgency via phone and email to collect relevant information in order to submit to the board and ultimately meet start date.
- Coordinating submission of all verifications required by issuing state board by calling institutions listed in work and education history for accurate contact information in order to expedite on-time submittal of verification information.
- Creating urgency with institutions (hospitals, universities, medical boards, etc.) through follow-up calls and online resources to expedite verification completion and submission to the issuing state board.
- Following up with issuing state boards to assess licensure status and expected completion dates.
Sound good so far? Then here’s a bit about who we are:
With years of healthcare and physician staffing experience, MPLT Healthcare has the knowledge, resources and proven industry commitment to help facilities meet the increasing demands of today’s rapidly changing healthcare landscape. We specialize in placing highly qualified physicians and advanced practice clinicians in locum, locum-to-perm and direct hire staff positions. Locum tenens roles are temporary or contract positions where a physician or advanced practice provider fills in at a facility such as a hospital or clinic for a set period of time.
We are looking for people who have the following:
- Two years of experience with medical credentialing processes is highly preferred. Locums experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Office skills and experience with a CRM/ATS database.
- The ability to create reports, analyze data and make recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills.
- The ability to communicate and discuss information in a professional and sensitive manner with internal and external employees as well as other outside contacts.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, as well as a detail-oriented mindset and the ability to consistently follow up on items.
- The ability to work independently and with a team under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-motivated mindset with the ability to work independently and make independent judgments and decisions within established guidelines.
- The ability to organize and prioritize the workload while maintaining the ability to quickly pivot in order to meet necessary deadlines.
Now, here’s why you’ll love working here:
As a staffing company, we have the satisfying role of helping connect people with life-changing opportunities – and we have fun doing it! Our world-class company culture will offer you the support you need to thrive, professional development opportunities to guide you in your career, plenty of team-building fun, as well as highly rewarding incentives for putting in the work. In addition to the professional opportunities offered by becoming part of our team, we have a competitive compensation package that includes medical and dental insurance, paid time off, a 401(k) plan, and other generous perks such as monthly team celebrations and a hybrid work model for tenured team members.
MPLT Healthcare provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MPLT Healthcare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.